Thursday, 8 March 2012

So far this week since the Interim Crits, I have been struggling to find a method of pulling together the various strands and thoughts I have been looking at, in order to find a definitive ordering for the site. I still intend to maintain a "route" through the site, and to allow interactions and encounters between different user groups along and through this route.

My architectural language, as determined by the principles and aims of the agent, is to pull out the beauty in the existing and to highlight it with architecturally and materially different interventions. Thus the project becomes about reusing a building, and celebrating what's great about a site, and teaching and equipping people with the skills they need to be able to re-use a building.

I am struggling to pull together the language, brief and site scheme into one coherent package, but have been looking at the SESC Pompéia in Sao Paolo by Lina Bo Bardi:



1 comment:

  1. Andrew, do you think you can find some hints what to do by looking back to your site anlysis? What fascinates you on that site? What is possibly 'ugly' or ambigous / dead but can still be turned into beautiful/distinctive /active/ alive by just treating or positioning it differently? Or...

    ReplyDelete